You can add a sheet to the active sheet library as follows:
- Open the Sheet Library.
- Right-click somewhere in the screen that comes up and select Add.
- Select create a worksheet based on a MRC Coffalyser sheet and click OK.
- Select the probemix and appropriate lot in the dropdown boxes below.
- Click OK in the worksheet editor.
This procedure is described in more detail in Appendix III of the reference manual. Alternatively, you can watch the video below.
In case you are unable to view the video on YouTube you can also download it here.
The sheet library in Coffalyser.Net consists of two sections: a hidden and an active section. The hidden section contains a copy of all sheet information as retrieved from MRC Holland’s servers. Updating the sheet library updates the information in this hidden section with the latest information from our servers.
The active sheet library (sometimes referred to as the worksheet library) contains copies of sheets from the hidden sheet library that you have made for active use. These copies are used for the analysis of your experiments. You must first add a sheet to the active section of the sheet library before you can analyse an experiment.
There are several reasons for this setup:
- MRC Holland has more than 350 probemixes available, most of which have multiple lots. As the active section only holds the sheets that you have added, it is easier to find the correct sheet for your experiment.
- If you make adjustments to sheets, such as creating a manual bin set, these are stored in the sheet copy in your active sheet library. You can add more than one sheet for the same probemix lot to the active sheet library, which allows you to work with more than one manual bin set (e.g. when working with more than one capillary electrophoresis device).
- In rare cases it may be necessary to make more elaborate adjustments to sheets. Since these changes are made to the sheet copy in the active section, the information from the hidden sheet library can always be reloaded to create an unaltered copy of the original sheet.
- The copies stored in the active sheet library are not affected by updates of the sheet library. This makes sure that customisations are not lost, and that the results of experiments that have already been analysed do not change.