When sequencing SALSA® digitalMLPA™ reactions, a run sheet must be prepared in the Local Run Manager of the Illumina sequencer. Instructions on how to prepare the run sheet are given in the digitalMLPA General Protocol. The Library Prep Kit that is selected has little effect on the run sheet, provided that the kit allows you to select the settings specified in the protocol, and that it does not enable adapter trimming.
If the digitalMLPA library is combined with another NGS library, you can simply select the Library Prep Kit suitable for the other library. However, adapter trimming should be disabled to prevent possible truncation of digitalMLPA reads due to overlap with adapter sequences in the other library. If adapter trimming is enabled by the Library Prep Kit that you selected and you cannot disable it, the FASTQ file should be re-exported with adapter trimming disabled before analysis of the digitalMLPA reads.
It is also possible to import our digitalMLPA Library Prep Kit template if you have difficulty selecting a suitable Library Prep Kit.
To import the digitalMLPA Library Prep Kit template:
- Download the digitalMLPA Library Prep Kit template.
- Navigate to the web interface of the Illumina Local Run Manager.
- Find the Library Prep Kits in your Local Run Manager. Depending on the version the exact instructions may differ. For Local Run Manager v3.0.0, click Tools > Index & Library Prep Kits; for Local Run Manager v1.3.1, click the gear icon and Library Prep Kits.
- Click the Add Library Prep Kit button and select the downloaded template.
- You should see a message that the Library Prep Kit was successfully created.
The digitalMLPA Library Prep Kit will now be available when creating a GenerateFASTQ run sheet. This template can be used for digitalMLPA sequencing runs, but not for combined sequencing runs.