This article is part of the Coffalyser.Net Tips & Tricks collection.
Coffalyser.Net allows you to visually compare the peak patterns of two samples with each other by displaying their electropherograms next to each other.
Fragment analysis results
You can do this as follows in all tabs that show data in charts in the fragment analysis results:
- Navigate to the tab that displays the chart of interest.
- Right-click on the peak pattern and select Chart area > Add samples to new chart area.
- Select another sample to view the charts side-by side.
You can continue to add as many samples as you like to this comparison in the fragment analysis. To disable this functionality, deselect the Add samples to new chart area option.
Comparative analysis results
To compare electropherograms in the comparative analysis results, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the tab Electropherograms.
- Right click on the peak pattern and select Lock Current Sample. You can also press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + L.
- Select another sample to view the electropherograms side-by-side.
Only two samples can be compared side-by-side in the comparative analysis results. The locked sample will remain visible, so you can easily compare it to the other samples by scrolling through the sample list on the left side. To disable this functionality, deselect the option Lock Current Sample or press Ctrl + L again.