To increase your understanding of MLPA, MRC Holland regularly organizes one-day MLPA workshops in which you learn how to troubleshoot common problems and what the ins and outs of MLPA data analysis with Coffalyser.Net are. More details about the program can be found below. The following workshops are planned:
- Berlin, Germany: 5 June 2020, prior to ESHG. Cancelled due to the spread of the coronavirus disease COVID-19, and the change to a virtual format of the ESHG conference. A new workshop has been scheduled for 2021. Contact us with any questions.
- Beijing & Guangzhou, China*: September 2020. Open for registration.
- Italy*: October 2020.
- Rome: 6 October 2020. Open for registration. (Postponed from 21 April 2020 due to the spread of the coronavirus disease COVID-19.)
- Rome: 7 October 2020. Open for registration. (Session added to spread out limit close contact between participants.)
- Milan: 8 October 2020. Cancelled due to the spread of the coronavirus disease COVID-19. The workshops in Rome can be used as alternative. Contact us with any questions.
- United Kingdom: October 2020. Cancelled due to the spread of the coronavirus disease COVID-19. Contact us with any questions.
- Amsterdam, the Netherlands: 19 November 2020. Open for registration.
- Barcelona, Spain*: 2 December 2020. Open for registration. (Postponed from 13 May 2020 due to the spread of the coronavirus disease COVID-19.)
* These workshops are organised with our local partners: Pronto Diagnostics (Israel), Resnova (Italy), Genycell Biotech España (Spain) and Xiamen Zeesan Life Science (China). Some workshops may be open to local customers only.
- Berlin, Germany: 12 March 2021. Open for registration.
Note: MRC Holland reserves the right to cancel any workshop, e.g. due to low attendance. Registered participants will be notified about cancellation at least 6 weeks in advance.
We are looking forward to meeting you at one of our workshops!
MLPA raw data evaluation and troubleshooting
Demonstration of MLPA raw data and peak pattern analysis using examples from daily practice. Instructions on how to recognise and solve common problems with MLPA data.
Practical session MLPA raw data evaluation and troubleshooting
Several cases of problematic MLPA experiments are analysed by the participants.
MLPA analysis by Coffalyser.Net
Demonstration of the basic principles of MLPA data normalization with Coffalyser.Net software.
Practical session MLPA analysis by Coffalyser.Net
Participants perform MLPA data analysis on a diverse set of MLPA data. Critical points in the analysis, such as selecting the optimal normalisation procedure and selecting reference samples, will be illustrated in practice. Advice will be given on how to get the most out of your MLPA data.
Laptops are provided for the hands-on data analysis sessions. If we cannot provide laptops at a particular workshop location, we will notify all participants in advance.
All participants will receive a certificate of completion after the final session of the workshop.
A basic understanding of the MLPA technique as well as hands-on experience with MLPA is required. Experience with MRC Holland's free Coffalyser.Net software is not required. All workshops are held in English unless stated otherwise.
The registration fee for MLPA workshop is € 129 per person*. This fee covers documentation, lunch and refreshments. The fee does not include travel or accommodation costs.
Early bird discount!
When registering at least 8 weeks prior to the start of the workshop, the registration fee will be reduced to € 95 per person*.
*Customers from the EU: all prices are without VAT. Countries of the European Union will have to pay VAT in their own country. Please provide us with your company's or institute's VAT identification number upon registration. Otherwise, we have to add 21% VAT.
The information provided in this material is correct for the majority of our products. However, for certain applications, the instructions for use may differ. In the event of conflicting information, the relevant instructions for use take precedence.